Monday, March 29, 2010

Songs that make me cry. . .

1) Lead Me by Sanctus Real

I don't know why I identify so much with this song since I am not a husband or father. I guess it is because the chorus really describes my own desires to be loved and led.

Listen to it HERE.

2) Better Than a Hallelujah by Amy Grant

"You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise." Psalm 51:16-17 (NIV)

Unfortunately, the times I realize my need and desire for God the most have been the times when I am at rock bottom. Why I sin until I get to this point baffles me. These times, however, are also my most sincere and earnest prayers. Better than most of my hallelujahs, sadly.

Listen to it HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment