Tuesday, April 13, 2010

And you think to yourself now I could be wrong,but I might have just stolen this scene from a song.

I haven't written poetry in forever. That makes me sad. I have heart scars and bad attitudes and a cold. Sometimes not knowing is better than knowing what is only a possibility and maybe just a childish dream. I haven't had my phone for three days now and I won't get it until tomorrow afternoon. I miss my phone more than I would like to admit, even though I use it more as an alarm clock than a device to communicate with people. My grandma is having a pacemaker put in tomorrow. I am wasting time right now. I have a paper due at 10:50 A.M. Thursday. It has to be six to eight pages. I hate writing papers. I tried to pick an interesting topic, but nothing interests me when I procrastinate. I even spent a lot of time calculating how bad I could do on the paper. If I didn't do the paper, the highest I could get in the class is a 75. If I make at least a 73 on the paper and make at least a 96 on the remaining tests, I can still get an A in the class. I don't like college. I don't like school. Actually, I am just complaining because I am lazy. I really love learning and reading and figuring things out and just knowing things. That, and the facts that I love kids and I am slightly off in the cranium, is why I want to be a teacher. I have a cold that makes me want to lay down in bed and not get back up. My nose is runny and my throat is sore and I still go to class. In high school I would have stayed home for like two days, but I am being a responsible adult because I know that in order to miss the days to go to Census training to become an enumerator, I have to have otherwise near perfect attendance. I used to hate typing. I can type well, but until recently I would much rather use a pen and pretty paper to vomit out words even if they were just as pointless as these. Now I am just taking up cyberspace. After I write the research paper mentioned above, I have to write one for my Introduction to Fiction class, which seems much less daunting because it isn't due for two more weeks. I ate way too many Sun Chips in the past two hours. Like probably half a bag. I want to go lay outside on the grass all alone and look up at the stars and dream dreams about how I think my life could be. Then I would go and be amazed at how it actually turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment